NEW YEARS DAY QUIZ:
1. Ecuador has a unique New Year’s Eve tradition, the burning of “old years” in public places. What are they?
2. In the United States, the coming of the New Year is celebrated by the lowering of a gigantic crystal ball. Where does this event take place?
3. To ring in the New Year in Spain, it is traditional to do what on each chime of the clock?
4. In many places, the coming of the new year is celebrated by singing the traditional Scottish song “Auld Lang Syne”. What does “auld lang syne” mean?
5. In Italy, what do people do on New Year’s Day to bring good luck in the coming year?
6. How is the new year festival of Songkran celebrated in Thailand?
7. What determines the date of the Chinese New Year?
8. In the Jewish New Year celebration, what is eaten to symbolize a sweet new year?
9. What is the Jewish New Year called?
10. Why do the Chinese celebrate the New Year by letting off firecrackers?
11. Under which of the following calendars is New Year’s Day observed on January 1?
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called “Opportunity”
and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Care4You wishes all of you a safe new year filled with…
Love, Good Health, Peace and Happiness!